Foraging Fox produce a multi-award winning range of Beetroot Ketchup and we've joined with them to bring you this delicious Autumn soup recipe inspired by our #seeingred week. Perfect to cook in your new limited edition Cranberry Heritage apron.
The Foraging Fox name is dedicated to the memory of founder Frankie’s father, Roland Fox, a plant and mushroom expert. Frankie’s grew up foraging with Dad and learning to cook things up with Mum. Her Beetroot Ketchup started out as a kitchen project with her kids to find a way to use their bumper crops of apples and beetroot and is now available in speciality stores and supermarkets worldwide. Why not visit their website to find out your nearest stockist or for more recipe suggestions.
Vibrant and creamy with a touch of earth sweetness, this soup makes a wonderful addition to your library of dinner party recipes.
- 3 x medium beetroot - remove the remove the leaves and peel the beetroot
- 500ml of vegetable stock
- 200ml coconut milk
- 3 large tbs of Foraging Fox Hot Beetroot Ketchup
- Wrap your beetroot in foil with a splash of olive oil (or chill oil if you like more spice) and roast in the oven for an hour at 200C fan oven for maximum flavour - roasting allows the sweetness of the beetroot to really develop.
- Put the vegetable stock, coconut milk and Hot Beetroot Ketchup in a blender. Whizz together.
- Add the cooked beetroot to the stock and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve with a swirl of creme fraiche.
Leave a comment