Bursting with flavour, vibrant with colour and guaranteed to do your tastebuds and insides a favour, my Ultimate Superfood Salad is a must-make for you and your family.
So healthy you feel like you should be eating it out of a wooden box you've made yourself from re-cycled coconut husks and so tasty you just want to shovel it in with your fingers.
Serve with anything really: grilled Halloumi, chicken, fish or delicious strips of rare steak, or mix through some crumbled Feta.
Pop any leftovers into a Kilner jar if you want to be 'on trend' and take to work for lunch.
Keeps well overnight in a sealed container.
For the salad
- 125g dried quinoa mix (white, black and red seeds)
- 125g tenderstem brocoli, blanched and cooled in ice
- 1 avocado, skinned and cubed
- 100g frozen peas, thawed in cool water
- 125g grilled artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 110g superfine french beans, blanched and cooled in ice
- 40g pumpkin seeds
- 1 bunch mint, freshly chopped
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp great quality extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Salt & pepper
- 1 medium banana shallot, finely chopped
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 1 medium chili, sliced into shards
- Sea salt to finish
- Put your quinoa into a pan of water, bring to the boil and then simmer for 15-20 minutes until al dente. Drain and leave to cool.
- Mix your dressing ingredients together and leave to marinate.
- Part-cook your broccoli and french beans until just tender. Drain and cool in iced water. Remove from ice as soon as cool so they don't become waterlogged. (I prefer to chop these veggies into bite-sized pieces after they're cooked as they get less mangled.)
- You don't need to cook your peas, just let them thaw in cool water and drain.
- Place all your ingredients into a large bowl.
- Add your dressing and freshly chopped mint; gently mix by hand. Be careful of your avocado.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
Prep time: 30 mins
Serves: 4 adults
Leave a comment